Exit alarms provide a signal when the door upon which they are installed is opened without authorization. In 2015, nearly 18,000 door alarms have been installed in New York City schools to ease safety problems that could arise because of unmonitored doors.
When specifying any locking device which is used on an exit, fire door or along the path of egress, the code requirements for that opening and occupancy must be determined, and only approved hardware be used. The standard for exit alarms is covered by ANSI/BHMA A156.29-200.
Exit alarms are installed in various applications:
- Hospitals & Healthcare: To monitor movements of patients and clients
- Retail: To discourage the misuse of emergency exits (loss prevention)
- Warehouses: To reduce inventory shrinkage
- Schools & Nurseries: To control and monitor children’s movements and keep them within the premises
- Hotels & Multiple Occupancies: To mitigate potential dangers from insecure openings, and passback of unauthorized individuals.
Exit Door Alarms in NYC – Supply, Installation and Repair
Mr. Locks offers installations, repairs, and maintenance for panic bars, exit door alarms and a wide range of fire-exit hardware to ensure compliance with local, state, and national fire safety codes.
Business owners, builders, management companies and contractors trust us to deliver full-service commercial door services using the latest high quality products. We work with the highest quality exit alarms manufacturers, including Detex, Alarm Lock, Arrow and more. We provide exit door alarm installation and repair services throughout the 5 boroughs: Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn, Bronx and Staten Island.